Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"The Good Life"

This morning I was watching ESPN on my bootleg cable when a story came on about Lebron James. The supposed air apparent to Micheal Jordan is currently building a home for himself and his family. This is the same kid who as a senior in high school signed a contract with Nike to wear and promote their shoes and accessories for the princely sum of 90 Million Dollars. I don't know what his NBA contract numbers are, but let's just say the kid is financially 'set'.

The plans for the home include its own bowling alley, a barber shop, and a 40'x 60' two story closet to house the clothes he needs in order to make his way through the world today.

After hearing this story, any feelings of myself perhaps not deserving the many rewards that the penny billionaires system of monetary domination may one day yield went right out the window. I am only happy that God had the foresight not to make me rich as a young man. Who knows what kind of crap I would have convinced myself I needed if I had immeasurable wealth at the age of 19.

So if anyone out there has any reservations about sending us money because they fear it might somehow make us lose sight of what is important in life, have no fear, I don't even want my own bowling shoes. The next time you go to your local lanes I may be right there with you searching the racks lined up along the back wall for that perfect house ball.

5 comments:

Hamilton said...

I believe the good gentleman, Mr Weaver, meant to type in "heir apparent" rather than "air apparent."

I, too, was watching ESPN this morning. Cold Pizza is a bad-azz gateway drug. When it covers real sports, anyway.

Like (and only like) baseball.

See all you guys at the lanes later. I'll be the d00d in the ill-fitting (stolen) red'white'n'blue shoes forever seeking out that perfect house ball.

Pepper said...

Wit like a whip...eh?

Weaver said...

Air Jordan...air apparent, I assume full responsibility for your inability to comprehend the obvious.

excellent-town said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hamilton said...

you're a good man, kerry,